BEFORE GRAPHIC INSTALLATION:
- The first step in any successful application is cleaning your Camowraps® Project before Installation.
- Any such substance must be removed using industrial cleaners or silicone detergents (Isopropyl Alcohol will not do the trick). CAUTION: Before Using any Solvent on a vehicle, be sure to test in an inconspicuous area to ensure the solvent won’t damage the vehicle’s dash.
- A final cleaning should be done with Isopropyl Alcohol to clean away any impurities that could hinder the adhesive.
- The next step is to remove any parts that may hamper the application such as Trims & Logos. Check and clean the covered surfaces as described above.
- It is very important to allow the dash to dry completely.
RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION CONDITIONS: Whenever possible, try to apply graphics indoors in a controlled environment, such as a covered car bay or garage. Doing so will not only help you control the temperature (ideally between 70°F and 80°F), but also reduce the amount of wind, dust and other contaminates that may hinder the install process. Make sure your bay or garage is as clean as possible from dust or debris that may happen to circulate during your install (mop floor and dust with a damp cloth) before bringing in the surface for the vinyl application.
If you must do your install outside, grab a friend and choose a non-windy day that is between 60°F and 90°F, with a surface temperature over 45°F (use water to cool surface) to ensure the adhesive bond forms correctly.
HOW TO INSTALL YOUR AUTO INTERIOR SKIN:
- Use an Industrial Solvent to remove left over Adhesive & Re-clean the Area with Alcohol.
- Use Lint-Free Towels to dry surface and remove any excess liquid or dirt around edges.
- Once the Area is Clean and Dry, you can apply theAuto Interior Skin Graphic Vinyl.
- When Installing a Full Piece of Camowraps® Auto Interior Skin Graphic Vinyl, it is always best to have an extra set of hands to help with the Installation.
- Hold Vinyl up to the dash to make sure it will fit properly with excess material at the edges.
- Position and Secure Auto Interior Skin Graphic Vinyl with small pieces of Masking Tape.
- Once in place use masking tape as a hinge in the center of the Auto Interior Skin Graphic Vinyl Vertically.
- Gently fold one-half material and remove the back liner paper and use a squeegee or credit card to apply the exposed Auto Interior Skin Graphic Vinyl. Apply by using soft vertical strokes, evenly up and down, working from the center outwards. Once the first half is applied, repeat steps for the remaining half of the Auto Interior Skin Graphic Vinyl. DO NOT STRETCH THE COLD MATERIAL. THIS WILL CAUSE THE PRODUCT TO CURL AND LIFT FROM THE Auto Interior Skin AFTER IT IS INSTALLED.
- Once Auto Interior Skin Graphic Vinyl is completely installed, trim to fit around the edges using a sharp XACTO Knife or Razor Blade to complete your installation. WARNING: USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN TRIMMING TO AVOID INJURY AND TO AVOID DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE'S DASH
- Discard excess Material.
Use soap and water to clean graphics. Do Not use petroleum based cleaners or spill gas on graphics as this can cause them to fade or change color completely. HOW TO REMOVE: Heat the Auto Interior Skin with Heat Gun or Hair Dryer for several seconds and continue to heat as you peel the material from the surface on a 120° angle. Any residue can be removed with a Citrus Based remover or Alcohol.
- Sizing Chart
1 - 12" x 24"